Selecting A Roofing & Construction Contractor
So often, we as consumers tend to equate the "best deal" with the lowest price. But doing so can be extremely dangerous when shopping for a roofer or a home improvement contractor. What an unscrupulous contractor presents to you as a low price can turn out to be an expensive mistake, if a poorly done job has to be redone.
The dilemma facing many homeonwers is that they don't have a lot of experience working with contractors since major home repairs and improvements are not something they do every day. So that can make it very difficult for them to qualify a proposal and a contractor.
How can a homeowner determine - up front - if a contractor will:
- deliver a quality job?
- perform the work in a timely manner?
- use quality materials?
- provide a meaningful guarantee?
- charge a reasonable price for what is being promised?
- keep their promises?
- fix issues that may come up?
Well there are ways for a consumer to get educated - in a hurry - about contractors and their competency.
Good contractors will always take the steps necessary to achieve a good reputation.
Those steps include:
- getting their company certified by reputable materials manufacturers
- getting their workers properly trained on a regular basis
- obtaining adequate insurance to cover accidents and mishaps that can occur on the job
- obtaining required state and local licenses to operate their business legally
- joining business organizations for their trades to keep abreast of industry "best practices"
- providing methods for their customers to easily give feedback
- providing letters of reference from suppliers, indicating they pay their bills on time
- providing references from satisfied customers
Master's Construction is one of those companies in eastern PA that has taken these steps - and more - to ensure that they can get the job done right the first time, so that homeowners in the Hazleton and Allentown areas and vicinity can be confident that they are hiring the right contractor. Master's is GAF Master-Elite certified, A-rated by the Better Business Bureau, licensed and insured for your protection, and they undergo manufacturer training on a regular basis. They will save you lots of money in the long haul by providing a quality job that will last for many, many years. And their warranties are transferrable (where stated in applicable contracts).